Sunday 18 December 2011

The MIDI skirt...

I'm seriously loving the midi skirt for this summer.  When hem lines just seem to keep getting shorter and shorter, the midi skirt has arrived.  Giving a more classic and classy look, I hope the midi skirt is going to hang around for a while.

Two labels doing the midi skirt particularly well this season are Bardot and Sportsgirl - each stocking a multitude of colours so as to appeal to everyone's taste.

The Bardot Stocking Tube Skirt (pictured left) is available in stone/black stripe for $49.95 & the Bardot Tube Skirt, also priced at $49.95, is available in block black, green, cinnamon and a beautiful soft orange stripe.

The Sportsgirl Midi Skirt, $59.95 (pictured) is still available instore (but predominately sold out online) in pink/navy, pink/orange and navy/white stripe.  The Sportsgirl Ella Tube, $49.95, is available in a finer white/navy stripe and block black.

But keep your eyes peeled at Kmart.  They have successful done the midi skirt a couple of times this season.  So successful, that as soon as they hit the rack, they are out the door in a flash.  I have tried on a few occasions, without success to date, to snare myself one.  Costing approximately $20, it's little wonder I haven't been able to grab one yet!

Tip: if you do on into Kmart in search, don't forget to check their clearance racks as I did find a remaining midi skirt for $7 (yes, $7!) but alas it wasn't my size.

I personally love the midi for day or night - wear it with thongs & a singlet or dress it up with your favourite party heel and chunky statement jewellery.  I don't think you can go wrong and the plus side... you won't be spending the entire time while wearing, pulling down the hemline! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment