Wednesday 18 January 2012

Shopping Tip!

Shopping on a shoestring is about being more clever when we shop!  It's about taking advantage of store offers and store cards.

Recently, I added three new beautiful items to my clothing and accessories collection.  And all... for FREE!

During my mad dash to secure the perfect Christmas gifts for all, I noticed that Sussan had an offer of 'Spend $100 and get $25 gift card FREE'.  My mum had already requested that Santa bring her a gift voucher from said store... and I was in need of a gift for my mother-in-law too!  Result : gift vouchers all round!  So now I am the proud owner of this beautiful Sussan Gold Cuff, $24.95, which I was able to grab instore with my free voucher!

Witchery have a number of different offers for those who sign up to become a Loyalty Card Member.  The Loyalty Card is FREE and enables you to get an additional 5% off sale items at any time, instore or online.  It also rewards you when you shop online for the first time - a $20 reward which goes onto your Loyalty Card like a credit.  So as I was away from the Boxing Day sales, taking it easy in the country instead, my passion for a bargain didn't dwindle.  SO, trusty laptop in hand, I made a purchase. 

For my custom, I not only received the $20 reward, but also an additional $20.  Total - $40.  As with many of these offers, there is an expiry date (so make sure you program this into the memory bank).  My Witchery reward enabled me to purchase this Stripe Slouch tee, on sale for $39.95 and these Global Beaded Hoop earrings, on sale for $7.95.  And don't forget, I then got the additional 5% discount.  So ok, I did have to put in $2.  But it was only TWO DOLLARS!!!

So bottom line, it pays to take advantage of store offers and loyalty programs.  You would be amazed at the advantages that can come your way.  Other cards to consider: 'Fly Buys' (I managed to use the points last year to buy my youngest Christmas gifts) and 'Woolworths Everyday Rewards' (which we have linked to our Qantas Frequent Flyer program).  And really... why shouldn't we be rewarded?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment